TITLE: PDQ Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Programme Development and Quality LOCATION: Sana’a - Country Office
GRADE: TBC CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 months
Fixed Term 1
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The PDQ Coordinator will be based in Sanaa and will work closely with the PDQ Director and PDQ team to support programme quality functions and coordination. The post holder will be responsible for coordinating with the relevant departments and other issues, including meetings, trainings etc. Similarly, the PDQ Coordinator will play a key role in supporting strategy development, reporting, managing departmental budgets and research..
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Director of Programme Development and Quality
Reporting to: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Programme Development and Quality
- Work Closely with Awards team on updating the Concept Note/Proposal development timelines and keep PDQ team updated and informed.
- Work closely with the Director of Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) to conduct field support visits to monitor project implementation and review quality
- Work with Technical Advisors/Specialists to organise trainings for field programme teams on sector specific quality benchmarks, KPIs
- With guidance and support from Director of PDQ, Closely Follow up with PDQ Team and update KPIs on a regular basis
- With support from Director of PDQ, prepare updates on key quality issues identified through field visit reports, quality benchmarks, lesson learned workshops and collaborate with PDQ team on drafting action planning.
- Work with the ME Specialist and the Research, Assessment and Learning Specialist to developed key updates to be shared with programme teams in the field.
- Work closely with the Research, Assessment and Learning Specialist to plan and coordinate with the field offices any learning events based on the Research, Evaluation and Assessment results
- Work Closely with Head of MEAL, to guide and help them in preparing summary progress and analytical update on IMPACT reporting; Accountability reports and keep Director of PDQ informed
- Support Accountability Team to drive the accountability and participation activities including training of field programme implemenmtation team and reporting.
- Work Closely with Award team on Reporting Calendar and prepare PDQ Internal calendar using teams and to do list
- Coordinate with Director PDQ and Technical Advisors to ensure that key reports including country annual reports, quarterly reports (KPIs, Common approaches, periodic updates are completed and submitted timely)
- Work closely with the Technical Advisors to ensure that sitreps are compiled on a timely manner following timelines
- Closely follow up with PDQ team members to Consolidate progress and update on all PDQ priorities and action plans on a monthly basis
Coordination and Collaboration
- Coordinate PDQ meetings, planning and program review activities and follow up with PDQ team members on the agreed action points on a bi-weekly basis
- Coordinate and keep updated the PDQ team rotation and field visit planner, leave planner, key events and timelines for PDQ deliverables
- Work closely with the PDQ team during planning sessions for the country annual plans and country strategic planning to ensure that all activities are well coordinated among the team and with other departments.
- Coordinate with admin and security departments to organise for external visitors travel plans and field visits
- Collaborate and Coordinate with PDQ function leads to update on the recurrent monthly thematic or functional meetings and progresses.
Gender and inclusion
- Provide support to the Gender and Inclusion Advisor to represent Yemen CO in gender network and related forums
- CO facilitate training on gender and inclusion in coordination with Gender and Inclusion Advisor
- Work with the relevant Technical Advisors and Specialists on coordinating proposals/ Concept Notes national ministries and coordination authorities in Sanaa and Aden
- Support the deputy PDQ director in synchronize partnership approach within the country programme and ensure proper communication with local partners whenever needed.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
• Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust.
• Invests time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realise their full potential, and to build the organisation’s capability for the future.
• Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
• Develops and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in ever-changing and uncertain global and working environments.
• Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organization.
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence.
• Displays consistent excellent judgement.
• Bachelor or higher degree in social sciences or relevant field
• Excelent profieciency and command in English and Arabic language (Oral, written and reading).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Humanitarian Sector
• Experience and expertise in humanitarian work is highly desirable
• Strong organizational skills
• Analytical skills; ability to analyze and compile and summarize pertinent information
• Ability to work in a team and contribute to a positive working environment.
• Strong personnel and logistics management skills; solution oriented
• Capacity to work in a fast paced environment and produce results under challenging conditions
• Willingness to work in a challenging security environment
• Adherence to the principle of child safe guarding and protection.
• Proficient competency in Internet and Microsoft Office systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other database/mapping systems.
• Commitment to Save the Children values.
Additional job responsibilities
At any point when the duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive, the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Date advertised: 5 Apr 2021
Closing date: 20 Apr 2021 - 23:59 +03
Location: Sanaa, Yemen
Department: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time