Director of Finance and Support Services
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Yemen, the Director of Finance & Support Services shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO). The Director of Finance & Support Services in his/her capacity will be accountable to the Country Director for overseeing the Support Functions – Finance, IT, and Administration Services and co-accountable with other senior leaders for risk management –in both emergencies and development programming contexts.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Qualified finance professional preferred (recognised accounting qualification such as CIMA, ACCA, CPA) with experience of operating in a global and complex organisation
- Recommended a minimum of 10 years senior management experience in an International NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and complex emergency contexts
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi- disciplined team through a period of change
- Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate qualified professional staff with strong personal value systems
- Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
- Team building skills.
- Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office.
- A commitment to the values and principles of Save the Children.
- Experience working to developing countries.
- High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational and programmatic goals of Save the Children.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 10 Jan 2021
Closing date: 24 Jan 2021 - 23:59 +03
Location: Yemen, N/A
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time