Programme Development and Quality Director (National and International)
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the Program Development and Quality (PDQ) Director is responsible for driving cross-functional engagement in the development and delivery of Country Strategy Plans (CSPs), developing annual plans and reporting on results. S/he is responsible for ensuring development and delivery of high quality, evidence-based, innovative programs for children, in all contexts, that contribute to Save the Children’s global Breakthroughs: Learn, Survive, Be Protected. The PDQ Director ensures that a robust monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) system is in place, that the country office engages in the collection and use of evidence and that this is shared across the global organization, and that reliable data is used for decision-making. One key aspect of the role is ensuring capability building, mentoring and coaching of technical specialists in order to support program quality in line with global standards and key performance indicators. As a senior leader in the country office s/he plays a representational role with the government, donors, partners, peer agencies, SC Members and others. The PDQ Director supports strategic positioning with donors and partners and leads on project design to ensure that the Country Office (CO) strategy can be delivered in line with child rights programming principles.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- A general appreciation of the issues concerning the NGO sector, both development and humanitarian issues
- Solid experience of developing and managing monitoring and learning systems
- Good analytical skills. Effective negotiator, with the ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross sector working
- Credibility to lobby, influence and represent Save the Children at all levels
- Resource management, training, capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours when necessary, and work with incoming teams in emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches as well as experience in promoting the principles and practice of child participation and accountability
- External communications skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English (essential) and Arabic (desirable)
- Familiarity with the Egyptian context (desirable)
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector, this role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy
Date advertised: 12 Nov 2020
Closing date: 29 Nov 2020 - 00:59 +03
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Department: Programme, Development and Quality
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time