TITLE: HRIS Assistant
Human Resources LOCATION: Sana’a - Country Office
GRADE: 5 CONTRACT LENGTH: 6 months
Fixed Term 1
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Level 2: the post holder will have access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore, a police check will be required.
The purpose of this role to establish accurate Oracle data quality and reports, ensure effort reporting is completed timely manner and staff monthly timesheet reviewed and completed in due time.
This role will be closely working with Finance department regarding cost allocation.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to : HRIS Officer
Staff reporting to this post : N/A
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
• Assist staff to complete timesheets.
• Update monthly report for technical issues.
• Ensure that pending approvals for timesheets are finalised.
• Follow up with Finance and Awards department regarding Invalid data and update staff accordingly.
• Follow up with CO staff and field HR/super users to complete offline timesheets (those not submitted through ER system).
Human Resources Oracle System
• Arrange HR ORACLE end user training session, liaise with Field office manager and field office champions and provide support if required
• Update staff movement i.e. change of line manager, new position, other information related to employment within three (3) days after the effective date, and regularly maintain up-to-date employee data after Oracle Go Live
• Update missing personal information on HR ORACLE and ensure all information is updated and correct.
• Ensure all mandatory information in HR ORACLE is recorded accurately.
• Ensure a good data quality reports are established.
• Follow up staff other type leaves in the system and maintain updated offline trackers for marriage, study and other.
• Assist staff with system issues.
• Update offline users’ accounts, and upload there annual leaves to the system.
• Run daily reports to ensure data accuracy.
• Escalate issues to RO/Centre whenever needed.
• Register new employees the attendance/fingerprint system.
• Run weekly working hours reports.
• Ensure that all queries from auditors are responded and handled in timely manner in close coordination with field offices and Finance department
• Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
• Ensure personal awareness and adherence to Save the Children policies and procedures, particularly but not limited to the Child Safeguarding Policy.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice):
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency
• Bachelor degree in business or administration related studies
• Professional proficiency at English and Arabic.
• Desirable working experience of at least one year in HR/Finance and/or IT positions (similar positions, e.g. HR Assistant, IT Assitant etc.)
• Desirable experience other NGOs
• Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
• High integrity and the ability to work with confidential information.
• The ability to multi-task and deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
Additional job responsibilities:
At any point when the duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive, the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Equal Opportunities :
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.