Senior Fleet Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Fleet Manager to support the transformation strategy and provide operational leadership to our fleet management function at the global, regional and country level.
In this role you will provide technical support, guidance and on the job trainings to deliver efficient and effective total cost of fleet operations, ensuring fleet rightsizing, leading on the implementation of fleet procedures, fleet capability tools, guidance and policy documents. Our global fleet estate consists of more than 1,700 light vehicles, thousands of motorcycles, rentals, and other vehicles.
In order to be successful you will bring:
- Demonstrable experience in all technical areas of global and remote fleet management within a large, complex organization
- An understanding of general logistics and supply chain management
- A solid understanding of the full spectrum of operational commerciality and all aspects of fleet total cost of ownership, including funding and insurance.
- Experience with Fleet Management systems and vehicle GPS and Telematics Systems
- Proven experience in risk management including the design, implementation and management of Occupational Road Risk and HSSE requirements.
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to synthesize and analyze complex information.
- Experience, willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people in challenging conditions and remotely supporting a diverse community of stakeholders.
- Highly developed influencing and negotiation skills
- A willingness and ability to travel overseas including remote and/or difficult environments, for assessments and technical assistance to field programs
This role could be based in any existing Save the Children location and is offered on the basis of an initial 2 year fixed term contract. Local terms and conditions will apply.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a cover letter and up-to-date CV with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. Please visit our website for a copy of the full Job Description: https://www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 25 Jun 2019
Closing date: 24 Aug 2019 - 01:59 +03
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Supply Chain
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time